Operation Art is a GO!
Crafting for shoeboxes is so much fun!
Here are ten simple steps to get started
1. Search Pinterest for craft ideas.
2. Make a supplies list.
3. Get the word out at church and your place of work.
Ask for specific items, such as:
4. Put a labeled box in a highly visible collection spot.
5. Empty the trunk of your car, so you have room to fill it up!
6. Clear a spot in your home or garage to gather and sort goodies.
7. Look over what you receive. It’s like craft Christmas!
8. Thank God for what you receive!
9. If you receive an abundance of one item (we got LOTS of plastic eggs this year!), ask fellow shoebox crafters for ideas:
10. Keep completed projects together for easy shoebox packing in the fall. It can be as simple as popping eggs into paper lunch bags:
In all your gathering, in all your crafting, remember: It’s about children hearing the Gospel of Good News! What a gift, indeed!
Did you miss a Countdown?
REALITY CHECK: I have just as much fun writing about shoeboxing as I do crafting for them! I love that God loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us, His Spirit to live in us, and shared His passion for creating with us.