Aproned Moms Find – and Write – Government Officials

It is now easier than ever – and as important – to contact our elected representatives.

Contact the White House

It is quite appropriate to contact the White House with our concerns and our opinions.

On many issues, it may be more effective to write to those in the House and Senate.

 The smaller the room, the louder our voice.


Contact Your House Representative

Find your congressional representative.

Address him/her in writing as “The Honorable” or “Representative” + their name.  For example, The Honorable Ander Crenshaw.


Contact Your Senator

Find your senator.

Address as “Senator” + their name.  For example, Senator Marco Rubio.

For more information: How to Contact Your Senator



Tips for Writing Elected Officials

  • Be polite.
  • Be clear.
  • Be concise.
  • One polite sentence may be enough to get your point across.
  • If you have more than one point, send more than one piece of correspondence.

They won’t know where we stand unless we tell them.

Your vote – and your voice – count!

More about speaking up as citizens …


[jetpack_subscription_form title=”Discover Ways to Learn, Love, and Serve” subscribe_text=”at Home … and Beyond” subscribe_button=”Subscribe Here”]

Leave a Reply