Reality Checks began [pause to check my facts … wow, was it that long ago?] in the summer of 2012. I guess with all new ventures, one begins small.
I took baby steps into reality in my Ducky Days …
… walking through Mud Days of blinking and praying …
… and on to sharing Mud Days, Where God Still Dwells.
Reality Comes in Trust Bursts
Maybe that’s what it’s like for all of us. The more we learn that God is faithful and all-knowing-anyway, the more we trust Him.
The more we trust Him, the more we can face reality.
Gee, I guess we are more like Adam and Eve than we’d like to admit. Hiding from reality and hiding from the God Who Created Reality just doesn’t make sense in the full light of His Word.
But when we don’t know, well, we just don’t know.
Why We Can Trust Him with Reality
Once we know that …
- God did create us and all that we see
- God did do so out of love
- We humans messed it up by our rebellion from His offer
- He has a new offer, a new covenant, on the plate
And once we …
- Accept His new offer of mercy and forgiveness at the cross
- Come back to the same cross and find it sturdy
- Have leaned heavily on His presence
And each time He …
- Has caught us, lifted us, and continued to love us
Then we can …
- Face reality a little bit more. His. Ours. Theirs.
The Reality Is …
But the reality is, even when we have faced His cross on our knees, we still fail.
Him. Ourselves. Each other.
And that leads us back to the cross.
Where we find mercy and forgiveness.
And we find the cross sturdy.
And we can lean heavily on His presence.
REALITY CHECK: Surely, I’m still a ducky hiding her head. But I’m trusting God to work with the light that I do see. And trusting Him for mercies in that which I don’t, or don’t want to, see. All the while, leaning heavily on His presence, finding His cross sturdy.
Now, that’s a reality I can quack about. 🙂
Subscribe for free emails, then scroll down for all things reality …